Friday, March 17, 2006

Here we go!

en·tre·pre·neur
n.
A person who organizes, operates, and assumes the risk for a business venture.
[French, from Old French, from entreprendre, to undertake. See enterprise.]
A risk-taker who has the skills and initiative to establish a business.


Whew, I'll say!

Well, we're just a few days away from launching a brand, and might I say spanking, new venture!

Ang and I are both such true entrepreneurs that this is what life is all about for us...we came up with an idea, based on a posting in my private blog about George Clooney, we tossed around various iterations of it, had a few sleepless nights, a few early mornings, a few Vancouver-Germany phone calls, and here we are, ready to go with it!

That's just the way we like to do business.

Angela and I have both had our own businesses for some time now. For me, it's really been since I had a lemonade stand as a kid...and I lived on a farm, where it was an important event if someone actually drove down the road so yeah...it didn't do too well. We've also had various successes and failures, but like all entrepreneurs (as evidenced by American Inventor), we just keep picking ourselves up, dusting ourselves off, and going at it again.

We hope that folks will like what we're doing with this new partnership and venture. Today it's t-shirts, tomorrow the world!

We're starting off with the Clooney Collection for a reason...or for two, really.

1. He's amazing. I mean he's just a total package guy. I am sure I don't have to explain myself any further but I will anyway. He's intelligent, involved, articulate, and oh yeah...he's not too hard on the eyes.

2. There's a reason we're launching "keep the george, lose the bush" as one of our first offerings. We're just plain freaked out about that other George. You know the one...the guy in charge of arguably the world's most powerful army? We may be Canadian, and we might live in Canada and Europe, but there's no doubt that what happens in the US affects our entire planet. Scary that such a person should have such power. It's just time to get someone else in there and see if we can't clean up some of the messes. (That's probably the only real political commentary we'll be making on the subject...)

Please come on back and read about what we're doing from time to time!

Miss Tamara

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home